Sunday, May 27, 2012

mini 43


Miniature #43 - May 21 - 27, 2012, 2 x 2 in (each), ink and acrylic on canvas
Mini 43 is really more minis 43. I enjoyed the diptych from 42 so much, that I decided to try a polytych (the main part is 7.5 x 7.5, so it doesn't count as mini, the whole piece assembled is about 8 x 11).  I got a little carried away with my "favorite colors" list last week (because, technically, I concede that 'black and white' stripe and 'shiny' are not colors), but I used the list to try to make a piece that incorporates all of my favorite colors and a few of my other favorite things too (birds, ants, flies, foliate pattering). I photographed on white so that the reflection of the neon orange inner edge of the larger piece onto the smaller pieces can be seen (it's a cool effect that works well with the cord, right?).  The ants in the neon yellow and ultramarine mini are so tiny though, that they can barely be seen even in the close-up (and look at those nice crisp edges too :D).

In other news - my cat is still really cute (sorry, I couldn't resist), and because it's now too hot for cookies, I've applying my sweets-making skills toward trying to develop the perfect (both tasty and as healthy as possible) mocha frappe - it's the multicolor sprinkles that clinch it for me.  I've updated the book list to the left, and the countdown continues (43 down, 7 to go...)
Is that a cat in my in-box? Why yes, yes it is