I decided it could be better, and once the thought was there, it couldn't be un-thought, so...
The thing is, I'm learning so many new things that, at times, it's hard to organize the information fast enough to make it useful, so I did what I do and made a list.
Ways to improve the bunny:
- make changes to the block
- resolution of the scan
- choices during file manipulation
- resolution of the printer
- choices refining the plate
- choices during printing
- choices refining the print
Which one will fix it? I wasn't sure, so I did all of them ;)
|Before and After, changes to the block and to the ink|
I also made slightly different choices while working with the file - particularly in translating it to black and white.
Then, [fun!] I played with the file to move the ears around - I didn't even need to recarve them. I also flipped the image so that I could get two plates.
I printed with the higher resolution onto polyester plates and, satisfied, I (printmaking-) printed onto toned paper. Some of the paper was already painted to mimic the patterns of fur.
|Then I cut out and refined the prints adding acrylic paint, color pencil,and ink - on the left is the straight print and on the right is the print with added color.- it really brings depth. I especially like the way the eyes come to life.|
|the one from the left above, after adding paint and ink|
|still a little ways to go - adding a little bit of pink to the nose, eyes, ears, and chin, |
and then cutting it out...
(Then, collaging can begin ..)
|a test of what it might look like collaged over a background. - love this new paper! I haven't quite decided what to do with the ground and still feeling like they need a little something more...|