Thursday, July 5, 2012

mini 48

Miniature #48 - July 2 - 8, 2012, 3 x 1 x 2 in, paper and acetate 
For mini 48, I was inspired, in part, by bankers boxes.  (Now there's a phrase one doesn't hear too often).  I'm head to New York state to do an artist residency and am extremely excited about the project I have planned (will post more about that soon).  This past week was spent cleaning and packing the studio (and packing and packing).   
Contents: skull (plastic), heart, raven,
jar o'bugs, unicorn, and lots of books
If only I'd been born a few centuries earlier,
I could have been an excellent alchemist.

I've been trying to organize
my materials better - proof!


While packing and cleaning weren't exactly the highlights of my week, putting the boxes together was fun, and I though that they would be even more fun if they were neon, miniature and had stained glass (naturally). This mini is more of a prototype - I want to refine the shape and placement of the folds and raise the level of craft, but its a start.

48 down and only 2 to go

You do know that you will be taking me.
O wait - there's a bug - nevermind.