Monday, June 20, 2016

Installation delivery!


A busy week in Artlandia!
Unicorn from the back with mesh through
which to pin to the wall and reinforced along
seams
After burning the midnight oil to finish the unicorn and landscape elements, I sewed them onto a synthetic mesh fabric and reinforced the seams of the paper on the back with rice paper to get them  ready to hang (whew!)

I put brads between the large pieces of the unicorn to physically
attach them 

Then it was time to pack it all up and make it fit in the car (mindful to leave enough room for humans and puppy).
I packed and loaded the car, then headed off with my Mom and the little Bear. Mom generously shared in the driving and Honeybear was as good a pup as I could have dreamed.  It took us 2 days, but we made it!

Then It was time to deliver and lay out the artwork..Work in progress at the Gertrude Herbert Institute of Art:, opening Friday, June 24th (!)





















We're headed back tomorrow when the walls are prepped to install the unicorn and landscape - it will be the first time I'll see it together and on display :).

Once the work was delivered, and Mom and I laid it all out, it was time for a break.

Honey isn't sure about the pool,
but she's mastered the lounge chair.
I hope my flowers are doing ok -
liking these silver ones next to
the yellow and white stripes.