Monday, September 5, 2016

Foxes!

I forgot to take into account the federal holiday when planning the blog entry this week (my usual wi-fi spots were closed), and now it is late, and I've forgotten what it was I was going to say (Oops).  Luckily, there are some good pictures from this week. O:)

As promised, we have foxes (2!) Both heads fit with the body - whew! One plans, but never really knows until it's all printed.  It isn't glued down yet and still some minor adjustments to help the transitions between the segments, but exciting to see!





I tried to capture in a photo the metallics in the eyes 



I printed the body at Women's Studio Workshop.  It was great to be back. :)

print of the block of the body with a soda can for scale

The block fit on the press and printing went well - thumbs up!
A close up of the edge - cutting this out was...challenging.
...but I had lots of feline assistance -
Junior helped

and my Princess did too.
No puppy photos this week (I know - hard to believe. Of course, there are puppy photos, just none that do her beauty justice :P ). However, I have some nice shots from our walks in the nature preserve, the existence of which shows what a good, patient pup she is.