Monday, January 2, 2017

last of 2016, first of 2017

This week was all about making new finished pieces to submit to the Zea Mays flat file  in which I am honored to be included.

New collages! Last of 2016 and first of 2017 - 30 x 22"


I always want to send the latest and greatest, and this year, that means that I want to submit the faux consumerist garbage with creatures in patterned landscapes with Gothic architectural elements...(except, of course, I didn't actually have anything like that, as of last week, haha; so, I made new things.)

I'm working as hard as I can, and hoping to have three 30 x 22" collages (since that's as far as I've gotten with the seven deadly sin blocks.) So far, I have 2. The last piece of 2016, Gluttony, and the first piece of 2017, Greed:
Last Collage of 2016! 30 x 22," mixed media including relief and polyester lithography prints, ink, acrylic, color pencil, on paper. 








First piece of 2017! 30 x 22," mixed media including relief and polyester lithography prints, ink, acrylic, color pencil, on paper.
(How did I get this 22 x 30" piece of the large tree block on such short notice? - I hand printed it with a spoon - biiiiig Oy.)


Especially stoked about how well the transparency  turned out in the Avarice-shopping bag - thumbs up!


To fully focus on getting these made, I told myself
that I was absolutely not to carve any new blocks....
but then I reeeeeally needed these rosettes. Just oooooone
 more little block? O:) 

The holes are to sew the pieces down with tread that matches or accentuates the piece (I used silver
in the bug wings so that they actually shimmer - nice!) This is the laaaast part I need to sew down on this piece, (and I hate leaving  holes in the face) sooooo back to work. Wish me luck!