Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Tiny prints, drapery, biomass plant

A busy week in Artlandia! 
New block in process
I started carving the large drapery block - thumbs up! Funny story about this - I almost always tone my blocks light, teal-blue, but this block felt like it should be green instead...and then looking back at the original, smaller block on which the template is based, I realized - it's on gomuban...so it's green, haha.  
 
 We can also see that Mo has really taken to his new role as Feline Assistant Junior!  He's already learned how to enter a photo of a block to help provide a sense of scale (good kitty).  I'm very excited that he seems to enjoy being with me in the studio - I foresee a brilliant career ahead for the newest member of our studio team!

Other art work going on this past week - I printed 72 mini prints from 15 blocks to give to students and faculty that I had a chance to work with as a visiting artist at the Hotchkiss School.  I think it was a good visit, and I'm happy that I could give students a piece of my work to remember by.


In creature news this week - Mini and Momiji seem to be bonding very well!  
One Kitty, Two Kitty
It's hard work being the cutest kitten!
And an adorable Honey picture from this past week,
because the kitties aren't the only beloved creatures in the house :).
 In place of landscapes this week, I got to visit and photograph inside Hotchkiss's biomass heating facility - I thought this was totally awesome in both it's aesthetic form and environmentally friendlier function. Not sure yet what I'll do with the photos, but I loved having the chance to see and photograph it.