Tuesday, August 7, 2018

more chess knights and borders

new smaller block
A busy week in Artlandia! Work continues on the chess knight demo blocks - this week I carved and proofed a smaller and smallest (for now) blocks of the chess knight:  

new smallest (for now) block

Proof of smaller chess knight block
proof of new smallest block
 Other block projects in the works - I proofed the square ornament block from last week.  I then scanned the block and combined it with a scan of the border block to make a digital version of repeating borders. They look good in digital form...but I still need to get them onto a plate... (hmmmmm). 

 In creature news - I think Honey and Mo are successfully bonded.  Mo has also learned from Mini that kitties help the human with flowers. 


I feel a little bad that I don't have as many cute pictures of Max - this is my failing as a photographer. Max is equally adorable and beloved, but I've had trouble capturing photos that do him justice - he tends to look like a (cute and fluffy) little blob in my pictures, so I'll have to keep working in this.  Still, a group photo on the foot of the bed (Mini is just out of frame watching from the top of the wardrobe, her preferred spot from which to oversee her domain.)  Mini has been a little elusive this week, and I think the heat is hard on her and has been making her a little bit grumpy. 

And to close - a no-filter sunset and flowers from the yard.

Check out my green zinnia and black cosmos! :)