Tuesday, May 14, 2019

March 2019 - large creatures in landscape

The main mission for March was working on new large scale collages using the backgrounds printed at Zea Mays in February and integrating additional plants, animals, and objects.  There were many steps to get there, but (spoiler alert!) by the end of the month, I had 4 new 30 x 40" collages:



 While I wanted to utilize blocks I already had, of course, I ended up carving some new blocks.






I also carved this pet portrait of a friend's beloved dog who passed away

And I finally (finally!) finished this block for the seven deadly sins.

I carved a new crow 

And also re-printed the older crow blocks.
 It was a very busy month working on the collages, but I also got to go on drives with my favorite human and take pictures. They mostly fall into 3 categories: industrial landscapes, trees, landscape vistas.








 



Happy 1st birthday Momiji!
And, of course, the creatures continue to be their adorable selves. My little guys are both getting so big and March marks both of their first birthdays! Naturally, we needed to celebrate and they got a new, treat dispensing kong toy (Honey also enjoys the any treat dispensing toy).

Max and Mo curled up together, with Max grooming Mo.

Mo checks out his toy

Max checks out his toy, but gets distracted, rubbing his cheek on Honey instead.

While everyone else runs around, Mini gets prime place on the bed. 

Honey went swimming for the first time of the season (Brrrrrrrr!)