Friday, December 21, 2018

NYC field trip and holiday-ing

Soda_Jerk at Anthology Film Archives
screening of Terror Nullius
A busy week in Artlandia!  After submitting all the new prints for the Zea Mays Flat File (whoop!) it was time for a well-earned field trip to New York City.  There I spent time with family and friends and saw the screening of Soda_Jerk's awesome film, Terror Nullius at Anthology Film Archives.  

The next day, my person and I went to the Hilma af Klint exhibition, "Paintings for the Future" at the Guggenheim and it was amazing and eerie! Then we stopped by the Frick to see a great  show The Charterhouse of Bruges: Jan van Eyck, Petrus Christus, and Jan Vos  that featured a Van Eyck painting near a companion piece by Petrus Christus - it was very cool to see the pieces together, and the show also included a terrific drawing possibly by Christus of a lost work by Van Eyck.

We also stopped by to see the window displays at Bergdorf Goodman and they were dramatic and stunning.


From the Hilma af Klint exhibition, "Paintings for the Future,"at the Guggenheim Museum
On the left, painting by af Klint, on the right, the Guggenheim ceiling - coincidence??


The Frick looking so festive all decorated for the holidays. 

The windows at Bergdorf Goodman!

At home, the holiday-ing continues with this year's batch of kitties (x2), owls, and stars gingerbread, and creatures happily napping by the tree. 

Though, I also got a funny picture of all 4 of my creatures sharing the bed, which has become standard procedure.

Even though I swore I made my last finished pieces of the year for the flat file, I lied (of course), and I made one more piece and even framed it.

The landscape shots of this week come from the train ride and are a good representation of the gloomy weather we've been having.