Sunday, September 18, 2011

Westobou show and Mini 8

Firstly - upcoming group exhibition as part of the Westobou Art's Festival in Augusta, GA (Sept. 29 - Oct. 8)! Check out the show, "Ancora Imparo" and the rest of the Westobou calendar of events at: http://westoboufestival.com/festival/events/visual.html

Ok, now that I've done the self-promotion thing like a good artist :), onward to Mini 8 ->

I had a lot going on this week personally and professionally, and I thought for about 2 seconds that I'd have to use the "emergency week," the week of no mini, which I built into the project originally (50 miniatures a year, not 52, the other mini-less week being the week between Christmas and New Years). The idea of a week with no mini made me sad, and I was able to focus and produce Mini 8 (which is 2-sided after all that.) I enjoy this piece and have already worn it. The motif comes from some of the work I did over the summer, currently on display at Estel Gallery in Nashville (see previous entry or online at -http://www.estelgallery.com/exhibitions.html).




Miniature #8 - September 11 - 17, 2011, 2 x 1 in, two-sided, ink and color pencil on paper