More, more new collage:
On the one hand, this is the third of three full-scale portrait collages in 3 weeks - Eep! [pats self on back - gold star!] On the other hand, while I'm excited to have a good start, [public note to self!] there's still challenging work ahead to bring the series to completion - sewing all the parts down and then framing.
But I'm getting ahead of myself; firstly, how did we get to this point?
I started with the portrait block from 3 weeks ago (the same block as the Pierrot with balloon). I wanted to try a different way of modifying the print to change the position of the eyes. For last week's collage, I carved and alternate set of eyes and pasted them on top then drew over them. For this one, I put an isolating coat on the print early and then drew eyelids on top:
|(this is the original print underneath)|
|drawing on top of print to change the eyes|
I think it's working surprisingly well after (I think?) 6 or 7 layers.
|I also had fun reworking the bird and adding metallic ink to the eye|
|and lots of drapery-time, drawing both in dark on light and light on dark|
|Early in the week, there was drawing and carving this new gloves block. |
(It's the first time I've tried carving both hands in a single block.)
|After proofing, I printed it in grey ink on lavender paper, then spray painted and drew on it [repeat].|
I've been pushing hard on these, but trying not to lose sight of the overarching goals of the project as a whole - the organizing and clearing out things in the studio and out continues.
|I don't have 50 shades, but I do love gray... all organized, sorted and ready for a new spot.|
|Look what I saw next door - Eep!|