Tuesday, October 9, 2018

polyester lithography collages and skyride

A busy week in Artlandia!

First - I finished 2 new 14 x 11" collages:


These are like last week's collages in media, only larger :) First I marbled paper, then I made a new polyester lithography plate for the background and printed it. So far, I've finished 2 collages, but I have enough backgrounds for up to 7.  I'm so happy with the way the prints turned out, but...I'd like to see if this technique would work larger. I'm glad I started on the smaller scale to get the hang of it and these pieces are headed to En Masse 2018 at Thompson Giroux Gallery, a small works exhibition.

After making 7 new collages in 2 weeks and delivering and picking up other work, I was very tired and took a break to go see some nature with lovely friend.










In creature news: all 3 kitties now sleep on Honey's bed.
Mini decided if the kittens get to sleep on Honey's bed, she does too.

Honey and both kittens outside the newly installed gate to the studio,
 giving me sad eyes while I work.

Honey's Wonderpup costume came! I think she looks so cute - it really suits her!

Last, but not least, I feel like it's been a while since I posted a baked good! 
I didn't bake this delicious cake, but I did get to decorate it  :).