Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Met visit and small collages

A busy week in Artlandia!  I got all four new 12 x 9" collages glued down and sitting under weights as we speak (type). Whew!  




 That was a tour de force this week. Of course, I told myself I was going to focus on working with the (hundreds of) parts I already have printed...then, of course, I decided I needed different pieces and printed new ones (haha.) By the end, the studio was a mess of little pieces of cut paper and non-selected parts everywhere, but I got it all swept up and the parts all re-sorted.  Then I framed the piece with the balloons for an upcoming show at Limner Gallery, A Show of Heads 

In the midst of this, I went on an epic art field trip to see all three branches of the Met before some of the current shows close this week.  It was an action packed day, but I got to see so many great shows!  "Heavenly Bodies" at the Cloisters and 5th Avenue, and "Obsession: Nudes by Klimt, Schiele, and Picasso at the Met Breuer.  I also saw a terrific show of Japanese painting from the Edo period at the 5th Avenue Met - "The Poetry of Nature: Edo Paintings from the Fishbein-Bender Collection." It was an incredible day of art...and then I came home and had to rest for a day.

From "Heavenly Bodies" :







In creature news, Honey was boarding the day I went to the Met(s) and so when I got home we went straight to the conservation area.
I love seeing my little guys hug.
And as we can see by the giant blonde paw in the corner, Honey sticks close by. Mini is here too, but just out of frame, she prefers looking down on the scene, in this case, from on top of the fridge.
Max got his grown up collar this week for his 6 month birthday - I chose bright yellow with a bell so I can see and hear him... he;s wearing it in the photo, but, as we can see, it was no match for his spectacular fluff.  Mo has discovered a new favorite napping spot in the sink (with Max, who is not as much of a jumper just below.) 


 

















Mini came down from her perch to claim the Chewy box, haha - oldest kitty privilege.

Last, but not least, the landscape shot of the week: