Sunday, August 14, 2011

Miniatures 2 and 3

Two weeks worth of Minis. The first two images are one, two-sided, piece. It's ink, colored pencil, and water color on paper, placed between glass in a metal frame. I've been wearing it as a necklace - acquiring some jewelry out of this project has been an unforeseen bonus (though personal adornment is one of the traditional uses for miniatures). The second piece is oil on canvas. It includes metallic pigments, which, unfortunately, do not photograph well, but the background is layered silver and the eyes have accents of gold. I bought the canvas pre-stretched (because I haven't found miniature stretcher bars anywhere yet) and thought it was a slightly unusual size (3 x3 in.); however, I was out the other day and came across the perfect frame for it. It is not framed yet (because it's still wet!), but I will try to post an additional picture of it in the frame in the coming weeks. I'm finding that a down side to doing one work a week is that I'm photographing the paintings wet. Luckily (though oddly), my natural clumsiness seems to dissipate around the minis, and no paintings have been harmed during the photographing process thus far.


Miniature #2 - July 31 - August 6, 2011, 1 x 1 in, pencil, watercolor, ink on paper

Miniature #3 - August 7 - 13, 2011, 3 x 3 in, oil on canvas


Add Image