Sunday, March 25, 2012

mini 34

Miniature #34 - March 19 - 25, 2012,  1.5 x 1.66, mixed media book
          Spring has sprung in tinyland.  The good news - the tinyhouse is surrounded by beautiful flowers.  The bad news - I have allergies and am getting over a cold this week (at least I have tiny tissues to ease my pain.)  Even though I wasn't feeling my best this week, I decided it would be a good time to try another miniature book (mini #24 was my first attempt at the tiny-booking).  In hindsight, this may not have been my best decision ever - bookmaking is process-oriented, it requires certain steps done in a particular order; so, working on a small scale doesn't necessarily reduce one's overall time-commitment (and this one was heavy on the time- commitment.) The edges of the pages are hand colored red, and I made title and author pages for the inside covers.  The backs of the pages and the boards are covered with the beautiful paper I received from Annika at De Milo Design in December. The book has a removable black spine and can be read either in folio or accordion format. Overall, I think once the frustration wears off a little (because really, who's at their most patient when they have a cold?), it will be one of my favorite minis.