I tried something fun with the Gothic Tree - I brought it to a nice copy shop to have the whole thing scanned on a rolling scanner (one that can take a piece of paper up to 36" wide - this print, 35.5" ;) )
The result was a scan of the whole thing at 600 dpi (!!!) - this is awesome, because it means there's enough detail that I can make the image even bigger and transfer it onto polyester plates. Because it's one scan and one file, I can divide it into sections and be sure that the parts will fit back together again at the end (key, that ;) ).
I started testing it out, focusing on a cropped view spread across 3 plates. I then both added and subtracted elements by drawing on and cutting the plates.
Next stage will be printing (more to come!)
|testing out increasing the size of the tree and transferring it to polyester plates|
|I also started carving a fox. I think I have an idea for this...still thinking [hmmmmm.]|
|blackberries are doing well - must resist as the ripen|
[steeples fingers - soon.]
|These are some of my favorites - they look black in the fall |
(which I also like), but in the summer, they're an
|Looks like I may finally have found the right spot for the moss roses (and Honey seems to like them too :) )|