Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Teaching week at WSW

A very busy week in Artlandia!

Look at that drying rack filled with workshop participant's work!
Last week I taught a 5 day workshop on linocut, Indirect Magic, at Women's Studio Workshop.  I had 5 terrific students, many of whom were carving for the first time. There was a lot of information, and I did my best to approach it step by step so that it wouldn't be too overwhelming. They persevered and did some amazing work (so proud!).  With their permission I'm showing their work below:






I love that they had such a range of subjects and after demonstrating some inking and printing techniques, they each went on to do some very interesting things with their blocks:

 



I am so proud!  I'd like to get back into my own work now, but I am truly exhausted.  I did manage to deliver the small chimera for the Strange Figurations show at Limner Gallery, opening Sept. 8th the day after I got back (gold star!) and apart from that, I've been doing some moving and cleaning in the studio. 

It seems like my creature family were all fine and well cared for in my absence. Naturally, I missed them and was happy to come to their purrs and smiling faces.
My 2 kitten audience while I mow the lawn. 
Haha - I thought this was so funny - I feel you Mini, I also love and want to touch all our art books at once.
Awww - I think each kitty wanted to lay across my prints as soon as I got home to show me
how much they missed helping in the studio while I was away.
I did have the opportunity to take some nice photos this week. Before leaving for the workshop, I went to see Anna & Elizabeth in concert at Hancock Shaker Village with a friend and it was an amazing concert and such a perfect location for their music - thumbs up!



Along the way we passed this odd scene - the railroad crossing bar is tiny, right?
I was proud that I timed the shot perfectly (don't worry - I was in the passenger seat O:) ). 
A pretty sunset in Rosendale, NY
A natural/industrial shot from Hudson
A no filter sunset from Hudson