Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Birthday!

A very busy week in Artlandia! 

Birthday Cake!














First - it was my birthday :) !  I traveled to New York City and got to spend some time with my family and eat delicious food.  As far as art adventures, I also got to see the exhibitions at the Morgan Library, including this print, one of the greatest large scale woodcuts by Titian, "Submersion of Pharoah's Army in the Red Sea," ca. 1515 (check out the cute and frightened little dog by Moses.)

I also got to stop by the Central Park Zoo and see the snow leopard, which I hope will inspire me as I get back to working on the snow leopard collage. I also got to photograph the Blue and Gold Macaw as possible source material for upcoming blocks.



At  the Feick Arts Center, Green Mountain College -
my work on the right with a lovely book by Valerie Carrigan on the left
Back home, I then had two openings in two days. The first was at Green Mountain College in Vermont for the show "Printmaking and the Natural World," and the second was "Show of Heads," at Limner Gallery in Hudson.

After that, I had work to do in the studio painting and patching a wall that at one point, I had painted red for an installation, but now would like white so that I can work on a collage on it - every bit of space counts!


I also added ink and cut out the first kestrel and then put it over a background to see how it would look.  I like the kestrel and was able to correct the line that resulted from damage to the block. (This background is way too small for it, but I wanted to at least get an idea of how it might look.)

Work also continues on the torso block.

Apart from that, walks with Honey enjoying the weather and fall light.






Surprisingly, (at least to me) the garden still has a few last flowers.

And last, but not least, Mo and Honey have been excellent helpers while I was working on the torso block.