Monday, January 19, 2015

Phase 6 - each art-thing is a responsibility

At the risk of sounding like a 13 year old girl, I'm just going to come out and say it - OMG!
Excepts from the Magical Land of No, mixed medial collage, 30 x 48" 
I made a diptych this week! I'm proud of this one (two ;)), so I'm going to go ahead and post the photos even though my energy tank is too empty for me to add much by way of verbal commentary right now. (I'll swing back around soon :)). For now...let's return to the Magical Land of No - 



Of course, first, it required additional blocks (oy.)
New blocks this week :)

I especially like this one - every magical land needs a
unicorn





Close ups:











To research for the tree blocks, I spent some time early in the week running around photographing trees in the conservation area ( - Brrrrrrr.)

I tried (unsuccessfully) to work on these without feline assistance.  I came back from the bathroom to this little rascal. Mini decided to nap on the collage, having comfortably scattered all the pieces I spent all morning arranging out of the way first, (naturally.) She was purring at maximum volume, and, really, who could be mad at that face?
 - "Hey Mom, here to remind you that life without kitties would mean more pristine work, but a less happy life...also, next time, you might want to make sure the door actually catches when you close it, because I am strong, clever, and not to be deterred ;)"