|This was my final print - happy with this one!|
I started on this version of the tarot card - Justice a few weeks ago by drawing it on a polyester lithography plate and then
printing it onto a prepared plate as an under drawing. Then drew it little by little over the course of 3 weeks.
It's a Baldwin Ink Ground hard ground on copper, with an aquatint over the whole thing and areas stopped out, then a selective aquatint with burnishing. Printed with Portland black and transparent base ink on Hahnamuhler warm white paper, 6 x 4.5
|this is the plate before the second aquatint with|
areas stopped out ,
- just liked the way it looks :).
from 3 weeks ago
|I think the toes are so cute and I'm happy that I even got the|
little shine on the (very tiny) toe nails
|triple etched with copper sulfate on aluminum, then spit etched. Printed with bone black on Hahnamuhler warm white paper. 3 x 2.25"|
|I paid tribute to one of my favorite artists- Master of the Playing Cards |
by including a deer in the background after one of his prints
(also, you can see my very inky thumbnail- included for scale)
|Master of the Playing Cards,|
engraving, ca. 1435-55
|I kid not - this is in|
the backyard of the studio -
life imitating art imitating life?
And there's more...
|I also made this version of the Hermit with the same process at the tower.|
|I also re-inked the Termperance with Akua ink and then selectively wiped it so that it became a monotype.|
|all the prints stacked together|
|all the plates|
|Me, on graduation da,y, looking extremely happy.|
haha - and notice, the scope in the background.
|Throw back to May 2014 - I took a new picture with the broom|
for scale (and also because I'm mid-studio-cleaning ;) )/
And yet...I don't think I'm totally off base either - Looking at the new Justice print, it reminded me of the life-sized+ version of Sophia that I made over a year ago in May 2014 and has been on my wall ever since...
Maybe I left it up for so long because I've been (sloooowly) working out the technical issues before going back to these. I like this, but the figure is drawn in charcoal, so it's not iterative...now, if I were to make it as an intaglio print...(we see where this is going, yes? ;) ). Also, I've needed to figure out the support, so there were a lot of issues to think about (for a year - oy!)
|It's a different card (High Priestess), but still my feet look|
about the same as in the new Justice print
And thought, gee, they sort of look familiar...
March (which coincidentally, is also a time when the Sophia was on my mind in relation to the Zeigarnik effect - since coming home from Zea Mays, I finally finished the piece.)
And in more-art and para-art news
|Lucky to have so much color in my life!|
- at the Akua demonstration with Joyce Silverstone
|Flowers on the campus of Smith College|
|flowers to greet me at home :)|
|Um...and some weeding (that's a wheel barrow under there ;) )|
|And last, but certainly not least!|
Wishes of much joy and happiness to my beautiful and accomplished sister!