Sunday, November 22, 2015

phase 8 - facilitate a good choice...on-going


Ah, Lady Fortuna - where to start?
A very busy week in Artlandia!  First, I printed some of the blocks I've been working on on a press for the first time (whew - relieved that they turned out nicely :D. I especially like this one).

Then I printed the wing pieces 1 and 2...









I don't want to jinx myself, but the wing fragment is one of my favorite blocks so far.







...but then I tried to paint it, and the ink smeared (oops).  So, I'll be reprinting it and trying again this week. I went ahead and cut it out and drew on it for practice though, and I can tell it's going to be beautiful...
I couldn't resist trying it in the collage in process...just to see what it might look like..
Conclusion: Captain, we're going to need a bigger piece of mesh ;).
And, drew and printed this polyester lithography print of a plant, based on Gerard's Herbal.
I tried it...and I like the plant in itself, but decided that it doesn't belong in the same world as the figure/column/wings/rats. It's more of an intermediary between the  ink drawing (that's in the background) and the next stage - prints from relief carved plants...
So, take 2 on that as well...
 Hard at work and getting excited that it seems like it's really starting to come together (fingers crossed!)