This week, I framed 8 things, (or 8.5 since one of them got framed twice.) The visual breakdown:
|I painted and cut custom spacers for this frame to create a space between the glazing and the artwork, since the eye of the automaton is a 3D element.|
|This one didn't need any custom matting. That pattern over the whole surface is a protective film on the|
glazing that I will leave on until the last possible moment to avoid scratches.
|This I floated over the mat to match it to already framed pieces in the series.|
|This one, I initially used the last black frame that I had, unused from the earlier framing...|
and then I got a reminder of why I never ordered these frames again - the glazing was cut too
short so that it bowed out in the middle.
|So then I got to re-frame it in white.|
The last piece I framed this week is the only horizontal in the batch. I saved it to the end because the wiring is a little different - I used two small cleats with wire as a "back up." It was nice seeing this piece again. It's one of my favorites and looking at it, I remember why (haha, I think there is about 12 rounds of different marbling and, at quick count, maybe 32 blocks in it, so even though it's not that big, it's complex. Also, it has the mini tiger, which I have a soft spot for.) Nice to see it all framed and ready to be exhibited for the first time.
|Always so happy to be near the water.|
Mini has been beside herself this week since I didn't let her "help" with the framing. She is such a devoted assistant and has gotten lots of pets and cuddles to make up for the temporarily closed door. It seems that she is taking it in stride.
Nature shots from Lake Taghkanic:
And last, but not least, I haven't forgotten about the projects that were in the works and put on hold for show preparations - I printed the 12 x 16" rose bush block in gold on black.