Monday, March 20, 2017

SGCI!

A busy week here in Artlandia...though in a different way that usual.

Image may contain: tree, plant, snow, table, outdoor and nature
My back gate
This week, I went to my first international printmaking conference, the Southern Graphics Conference International (SGCI) in Atlanta.  I've been looking forward to this conference for months and so when we got close to 30" of snow and the airport closed the day before, I was worried that I wouldn't make it.  But! I dug out and made it to the airport and miraculously, took flight.

There was no snow in Atlanta
The conference was awesome - I got to see lots of interesting demos, listen to panel discussions, and talk to printmakers about their work.  I didn't take tons of photos (Oops! - I didn't have free hands/ spare attention) But I learned a lot.

Gerhard Richter, "11 panes," High Museum 
part of Daniel Arsham, "Hourglass" High Musuem
I also got to visit the High Museum, and went to their late hours Friday night, which was awesome because I felt like I had the place to myself.

Apart from that - I also got to photograph "industrial - "
Tammy - this one's for you!




 In addition, I got to have some nice visits with friends and family
sharing my selfie expertise with Mom and Dad
Honey did great for her first time at the boarder
- like pup sleep away camp.
We were happily reunited and once we got home,
she took all her toys out of the basket
 (just making sure they're all still there ;) ).

And then, I made it back home to the creatures, who all did just fine in my absence. 

I woke up this morning to this beautiful face (sitting on my
stomach - "Human, I do hope you remember the
meaning of "breakfast."")
and this one, "Oh, you're back - excellent!"























And now - on a mission to clean the studio, put things away, and get back to work (thumbs up!)