Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Opening, collage, more snow

 A busy week in Artlandia!

First, I made a new collage to enter for a juried show at the Center for Contemporary Printmaking - I think it turned out well and fingers crossed!




 When I'm that focused on making something and on a deadline, I do tend to make a mess and I pulled out many, many potential parts for this (at first the flowers were purple and the birds were yellow, then the birds were light brown, but in different postures, etc.) Mini faithfully oversaw all the pieces (and I did clean up the next day - evidence!)

Photo by Christie Olson, courtesy of Albany Center Gallery
Then, there was the opening of the Mohawk Hudson Regional Invitational exhibition at Albany Center Gallery - thumbs up!

Group photo with exhibited artist (L to R): Theresa Swidorski, Richard Barlow, George Dirolf, me, Jeanne Finley and Jane Bloodgood-Abrams (not pictured). Photo by Christie Olson, courtesy of Albany Center Gallery

I enjoyed seeing the show and meeting the gallery staff, other artists, and visitors.  William Jaeger  wrote a review for the Times Union.

On the one hand, an exciting week! On the flip side, lots of time spent cleaning up and sorting proofs, trying to make room and get ready for the new, large scale prints that I'll be printing later this week at Zea Mays.  I finally (finally!) am finalizing the unicorn, but I'm not going to show it until it's actually up on the wall (soon!)

Outside the studio - snow, snow, snow.

Honey has been enjoy playing in it and Mini has been enjoying not having to play in it. 

I took Honey to the park between storms...and then gave in and took her to the park in spite of the storm.

I got a great nature shot this week - everything was so blue.

I also got this shot as a result of trying to take a picture and hold Honey's leash while she was ready to make pup snow angels - haha.